So this morning was my second day of writing my morning pages. Once again my hand was asleep by the end of page one, but stream of thought was so rich I pressed through to discover what was really in my brain.
Brenda sent me some thoughts on the introduction which I will share shortly. I wanted to share the things that jumped out at me as I read the introduction to my artistic reboot.
“I myself believe creativity is a spiritual path.” Julia cameron
“Most working artists never retire.” Julia Cameron
“No matter how old you get, if you can keep the desire to be creative, your keeping the man-child alive.” John Cassavetes
Basic Principles for creative recovery:
- Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy- pure creative energy.
- There is an underlying, indwelling creative force infusing all of life- including ourselves.
- When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the Creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
- We are ourselves creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves
- Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God
- The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
- When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: Good Orderly Direction.
- As we open our creative channel to the Creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
- It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
- Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a Divine source.- Julia Cameron
Which of these stands out to you?